We are honored to share that Gartner® has recognized HPE (Aruba) as a Leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant™ for SD-WAN for the sixth year in a row. HPE (Aruba) is one of only two companies to be named a Leader in the Gartner SD-WAN Magic Quadrant all six years.
In the Magic Quadrant for SD-WAN report, formerly named Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge, Gartner evaluated vendors based on two primary criteria: Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute. The report includes a summary of each vendor, as well as an assessment of each vendor’s Strengths and Cautions.
Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN meets today’s challenges
Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN can help enterprise IT organizations transform their business and drive digital transformation with a single networking platform that is designed to optimize cloud-first, connected IoT, and security requirements across the WAN.
With sustained hybrid work, IT is challenged to deliver a consistent quality of experience and security policy enforcement to users and IoT devices connecting to enterprise apps and data from anywhere (home, temporary site, kiosk, the road, branch, hub/datacenter) and from any device (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop).
Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN provides a secure network foundation for Zero Trust and Secure access service edge (SASE). It includes an advanced SD-WAN paired with integrated next-generation firewall functions to support a better quality of experience and advanced security for all applications.
Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN solutions simplify provisioning and operations with a unified SD-WAN fabric across locations of all sizes, delivering significant operational benefits to IT, improved business productivity and agility, reduced business risk, and lower overall WAN costs.
Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN solutions transform the WAN and security, with a single, seamlessly integrated solution that tightly integrates with HPE Aruba Networking SSE to form a unified SASE platform and meet the security requirements of today’s digital organizations.
With Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN, organizations can:
1. Gain choice and flexibility with an advanced SD-WAN platform
The EdgeConnect SD-WAN platform provides advanced networking capabilities for cloud-first organizations that require application-aware networking capabilities such as:
- Path Conditioning which overcomes adverse effects of dropped packets and poor underlay networks
- Tunnel bonding to optimize the performance of applications by intelligently aggregating and utilizing all available transport bandwidth
- First-packet Iq to classify and automatically steer application packets to locations based on business policy
- Dynamic path control which enables full utilization of all deployed bandwidth at each location
- App Express to optimize user experience for business-critical apps by automatically selecting the best broadband path based on application
- Multi-cloud networking to simplify WAN integration with the 5 largest public cloud providers and cloud exchanges via APIs that automates connectivity between branch locations and multi-cloud deployments
- WAN optimization to provide TCP acceleration and deduplication to minimize latency and improve bandwidth efficiency for legacy applications
2. Leverage Secure SD-WAN capabilities
EdgeConnect SD-WAN provides comprehensive security services enabling you to consolidate branch network and security functions by eliminating legacy firewalls and routers in branches. These embedded security capabilities include:
- Next-generation firewall with deep packet inspection, intrusion prevention, DdoS defense, as well as application and user identity awareness
- Fine-grained segmentation to augment application intelligence linking the user and device identity with a role-based policy
- A rule-based Intrusion Detection and Prevention System IDS/IPS that monitors network traffic to find patterns that match a particular attack signature
- DdoS detection and prevention enable administrators to enforce different levels of DdoS protection levels across the organization
- Integration with all major SSE cloud security providers
3. Implement a single vendor SASE solution with Zero Trust
In the last decade, there has been a proliferation of disparate networking and security solutions. Having a single vendor, unified SASE not only brings consolidation, but it also unifies networking and security functions to alleviate roadblocks between teams, minimize complexities and cost, and optimize cross-functional collaboration and implementation. Combining the EdgeConnect SD-WAN platform with HPE Networking SSE supports enterprises journey to a single vendor unified SASE solution. With Aruba Zero Trust built-in, enterprise-wide, role-based traffic segmentation is enforced from edge-to-cloud with access policies that leverage corporate network and cloud for enforcement. HPE Aruba Networking SSE provides ZTNA, SWG, CASB, and additional cloud security capabilities.
Organizations can deploy a unified SASE architecture at their own pace to enforce consistent, business-driven security policies for users, access devices, IoT devices, and applications wherever they located, without compromising network performance or functionality. See Implementing Edge-to-Cloud Security: A Best Practice Guide.
Learn about global customer validation from Gartner Peer Insights
We are honored by the recognition from Gartner, but we are humbled by what our customers have to say. HPE Aruba scored 4.9/5.0 ratings on Gartner Peer Insights™ based on 46 total reviews as of 31 December 2022. Read examples of what our customers have to say.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for SD-WAN, Jonathan Forest, Naresh Singh, Andrew Lerner, Karen Brown, 27 September 2023.
Gartner, Voice of the Customer for SD-WAN, By Peer Contributors, 15 March 2023.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This Magic Quadrant report was previously known as Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure. HPE acquired Silver Peak in 2020.
Silver Peak was recognized as a Leader in the 2018, 2019, and 2020 reports and again in 2021 as part of HPE.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, MAGIC QUADRANT and PEER INSIGHTS are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.